Many industries across the world depend on pumps to keep their processes running smoothly. A malfunctioning pump can lead to unplanned downtime, which leads to lost revenue.
When selecting a pump for your plant or job site, the possibilities are virtually endless. You need a pump that is:
- Reliable: Offering continuous, trouble-free performance
- Versatile: Effective at handling a wide range of fluid types, from clean water to viscous, abrasive product
- Easy to Maintain: Resources available, making for easy, cost-effective maintenance
With so many pumps on the market, including centrifugal, lobe, gear, screw, hose and piston/plunger, it can be tough to find the information you need to make the right choice.
One type of pump, however, has proven itself as a market leader when it comes to reliability, versatility and ease of maintenance: the air-operated double diaphragm pump (AODD).
AODD pumps deliver unique benefits that are unrivaled by other pump technologies, which is why a wide range of industries rely on them to keep their operations running smoothly. These pumps require little maintenance and are cost-effective solutions for transferring almost any viscous fluid safely. Here are some additional benefits of AODD pumps:
- Can run dry without damaging the pump or system
- Can pump solid-laden fluids without pump or product damage
- Are self-priming and work in suction lift applications
- Deadhead safely with no pump or product damage
- Are shear sensitive and don't separate the product being pumped
- Require no electricity and can be fully grounded
- Low initial purchase price compared to other technologies
- Are submersible (some models) with no safety or performance issues
- Seal-less design without expensive mechanical seals or packing
- Variable flow and head pressures without sophisticated controls
Industry-Leading Durability and Performance
For more than 55 years, SANDPIPER has provided best-in-class pumping and engineering innovations for your most difficult and demanding challenges.
Even in the most severe applications and environments, SANDPIPER’s Signature Series™ of AODD pumps are engineered to provide industry-leading durability and performance. These pumps include:
- Heavy-Duty Flap Valve: For fluids containing up to line-size solids
- Heavy-Duty Ball Valve: For fluids containing settling, suspended and floating solids
- Containment-Duty Ball Valve: For highly corrosive and hazardous chemical applications
There’s a lot that goes into choosing the right pump, but the process can be simplified if you know your application, environment, sizing/porting requirements, maintenance capabilities and budget.
You can count on consistency, reliability and trouble-free operation of SANDPIPER pumps to meet your most challenging application needs. Have questions about whether SANDPIPER can provide the pumping solutions for your next project? Reach out today or find a local distributor.