Many industries across the world depend on pumps to keep their processes running smoothly. A malfunctioning pump can lead to unplanned downtime, which leads to lost revenue.
When selecting a pump for your plant or job site, the possibilities are virtually endless. You need a pump that is:
- Reliable: Offering continuous, trouble-free performance
- Versatile: Effective at handling a wide range of fluid types, from clean water to viscous, abrasive product
- Easy to Maintain: Resources available, making for easy, cost-effective maintenance
With so many pumps on the market, including centrifugal, lobe, gear, screw, hose and piston/plunger, it can be tough to find the information you need to make the right choice.
One type of pump, however, has proven itself as a market leader when it comes to reliability, versatility and ease of maintenance: the air-operated double diaphragm pump (AODD). Use our Signature Series Pump Selection Guide to help you choose which diaphragm pump will work best for your application.
Why AIR-OPERATED DIAPHRAGM PUMPS?
AODD pumps deliver unique benefits that are unrivaled by other pump technologies, which is why a wide range of industries rely on them to keep their operations running smoothly. These pumps require little maintenance and are cost-effective solutions for transferring almost any viscous fluid safely. Here are some additional benefits of selecting AODD pumps for your application:
- Can run dry without damaging the pump or system
- Can pump solid-laden fluids without pump or product damage
- Are self-priming and work in suction lift applications
- Deadhead safely with no pump or product damage
- Are shear sensitive and don't separate the product being pumped
- Require no electricity and can be fully grounded
- Low initial purchase price compared to other technologies
- Are submersible (some models) with no safety or performance issues
- Seal-less design without expensive mechanical seals or packing
- Variable flow and head pressures without sophisticated controls
Industry-Leading Durability and Performance
For more than 55 years, SANDPIPER has provided best-in-class pumping and engineering innovations for your most difficult and demanding challenges.
Even in the most severe applications and environments, SANDPIPER’s Signature Series™ of AODD pumps are engineered to provide industry-leading durability and performance. These pumps include:
- Heavy-Duty Flap Valve: For fluids containing up to line-size solids
- Heavy-Duty Ball Valve: For fluids containing settling, suspended and floating solids
- Containment-Duty Ball Valve: For highly corrosive and hazardous chemical applications
There’s a lot that goes into choosing the right pump, but the process can be simplified if you know your application, environment, sizing/porting requirements, maintenance capabilities and budget.
You can count on consistency, reliability and trouble-free operation of SANDPIPER pumps to meet your most challenging application needs. Have questions about whether SANDPIPER can provide the pumping solutions for your next project? Reach out today, find a local distributor, or leave your question as a comment below.